Everyone working on projects for Condé Nast should be treated with dignity and respect. All work done for Condé Nast must be performed in a professional manner, free of any form of discrimination or harassment. Any inappropriate conduct toward others, including but not limited to that based on an individual’s sex, race, color, weight, body shape, size, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or domestic-partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, will not be tolerated.
We expect that all companies and vendors working with Condé Nast have clearly communicated equal employment opportunity and anti-harassment policies. Condé Nast may request a copy of these policies.
Photo and video shoots must be professional environments. Any disrespectful or inappropriate conduct toward others, including but not limited to that based on an individual’s sex, race, colour, weight, body shape, size, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or domestic-partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, will not be tolerated.
Every shoot performed for Condé Nast must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All models must be at least 18 years old. Exceptions will be made for subjects appearing as themselves as part of a profile or news report. In the event a shoot calls for subjects younger than 18, a chaperone must be provided by the agency, and the agency must ensure compliance with any applicable labour laws, including child labour laws.
- All work performed during a photo or video shoot must be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to labour, wage and hour, and immigration laws.
- Photo shoot participants may not be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs (including unauthorised prescription drugs), and the consumption or use of alcohol and illegal drugs (including the misuse of prescription drugs) on the premises of a shoot is strictly prohibited.
- A brief describing any nudity, sheer clothing, lingerie, swimwear, animals, simulated drug or alcohol use or sexually suggestive poses planned to be incorporated in a shoot will be distributed to all concerned parties and must be agreed to in advance by the subject of the images. All attendees at the shoot will be notified of any planned nudity.
- A private dressing space must be available to everyone appearing in a shoot.
- If sheer clothing is to be included, appropriate undergarments must be provided unless otherwise agreed to in advance by the subject of the images.
- Any concerns a subject has regarding the amount of skin exposure of wardrobe must be considered, and no subject should be pressured to expose themselves more than they feel comfortable.
- While Condé Nast maintains control over creative and aesthetic decisions, any concerns of a subject’s agent or other representative should be given respectful consideration.
- We recommend that a model should not be alone with a photographer, makeup artist or other contributor participating in a Condé Nast shoot.
- Throughout the shoot, including any related travel, photographers and videographers may not shoot anyone engaged by or through Condé Nast other than as requested by Condé Nast.
All participants in a photo or video shoot must act professionally and refrain from harassment of any kind. Unacceptable conduct includes but is not limited to the following:
- Sexual advances or propositions.
- Any type of sexual activity or contact.
- Any suggestion, direct or implied, that submission to or rejection of sexual advances will affect an individual’s ability to perform services for the shoot or any other Condé Nast project.
- Display of pornographic or obscene material.
- Offensive comments regarding a person’s sex, race, color, weight, body shape, size, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, including epithets and slurs.
- Physical threats or assaults.
Anyone who has concerns about conduct occurring on a photo shoot may contact the Condé Nast Code of Conduct representative:
Cell: +49 151 6565 2664
Office: +49 89 38104 243